For a great picture of
what pulmonary atresia looks like,
click here. I was born with only 3 and a half chambers instead of 4. When I had open heart surgery I was only almost 2. The doctors cored out some muscle in my fourth chamber to make it bigger. (Mommy helped me write this part.) My pulmonary valve is really leaky now, so in my next surgery they're going to fix that. Pulmonary atresia is not contagious.You can't catch it from people who have it. I will have it my whole life, but we can control it. We don't know why I have it, but it's not so bad. I could have lots of other problems. I'm lucky that this is it.
Emma,
ReplyDeleteWe are glad we will be able to follow you as you continue to grow and blossom into a beautiful young woman! Thanks for sharing!
Allison & family